[Spellyans] Place-Names & maps

Christian Semmens christian.semmens at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 16:41:16 GMT 2013

Sounds good, It is the backgrounds that are going to prove interesting.
I did a quick download and am partway through a render to an SVG image
file, but I think it must be a HUGE file as it has been going for half the
day and shows no signs of stopping anytime soon.

If it does work I will see if I can mail it out. This is a first stab and
will be basically an OSM map of West Penwith, but it shoudl show us what is
possible with the data we have. It might have everything on it in which
case it will be as cluttered as hell (in which case I won't send it), but
we will just have to wait and see.

If it is too large perhaps we could start with the Scillies, a
geographically much smaller area?

Christian