[Spellyans] Place-Names & maps

Lowe Jenefer jlowe at cornwall.gov.uk
Tue Feb 5 17:52:16 GMT 2013

May I just note that most of the research and work on a 'blue plaque'
trail for the language has already been done. A potential overarching
scheme for cultural 'blue plaques' in Cornwall has been in development
and the Cornish language trail (inspired by the Gaidhlig publications
Ken sent us a while back) has been put forward by us as a discrete
section within the wider project, with its own leaflets and guidebooks.
If the funding does not materialise and the full scheme does not go
forward, then we shall look at other ways of implementing the language
part in its own right, but obviously there is sense in working
co-operatively to start with - especially if that results in funding. I
will keep the group posted on progress, but there seems little point in
duplicating the initial research at this stage.  As you will realise, we
do not publicise projects if they are still waiting on funding
applications, especially where the full project is not entirely ours, so
I would be grateful if you would treat this as privileged information
and I will update you as and when I can. We will also be checking for
any omissions anyone can spot in the work done once we know where we are
with it and would much appreciate your input at that stage.

Yn lel,

Jenefer Lowe

Development Manager / Dyghtyer displegya

Cornish Language Partnership / Keskowethyans an Taves Kernewek

Cornwall Council / Konsel Kernow

Dalvenie House / Chi Dalvenie

County Hall / Lys Kernow

Truro

TR1 3AY

 internal tel: pell. ajy: 493465

tel: / pell: 01872 323465

email / ebost: jlowe at cornwall.gov.uk <mailto:jlowe at cornwall.gov.uk>

website / gwiasva : www.magakernow.org.uk
<http://www.magakernow.org.uk/>

Gwrewgh agan sewya der Twitter!

@magakernow

Gwrewgh agan kavos der Facebook!  Find us on Facebook!

www.facebook.com/magakernow

The Cornish Language Partnership is funded by the Department for
Communities and Local Government and Cornwall Council.

Arhesans Keskowethyans an Taves Kernewek yw provies gans an Asran rag
Kemenethow ha Governans Leel, ha Konsel Kernow