[Spellyans] Disappearance of Cornish placenames from OS maps

Herbie Blackburn kevin.blackburn1 at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 18 11:24:34 GMT 2013

.and at 2 different scales of OS map Penwethers is Penwethers or Penweathers
- its such a mess! It would be interesting to know what is actually what on
the ground - road signs and the railway junction etc.

I suppose this sort of thing goes on all over the country, with non-locals
making assumptions and things not getting corrected and eventually becoming
fact - quite irritating! No wonder the village I grew up in is called Send -
it was originally Sande (because of the sand there)!

Herbie

eMail:  <mailto:kevin.blackburn1 at ntlworld.com> kevin.blackburn1 at ntlworld.com

P Please consider the environment before printing this eMail - thanks

  _____