[Spellyans] war gamm

Herbie Blackburn kevin.blackburn1 at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 11 00:09:19 GMT 2013

Craig wrote:

>But.Welsh isn't Cornish and there may well have been differences. For
example, Welsh ( and Breton) never assibilated (nant > nans). >Only Cornish
did so. There are almost certainly other differences between Breton and
Welsh on the one hand, and Cornish on the other. To >my way of thinking, not
enough work has been done on defining these differences.

>Craig

I think Lhuyd is useful, or has been, filling gaps and was important before
much work had been done on older Cornish manuscripts and glosses, but also
he may have contributed to the above issue as he came at Cornish with a very
Welsh point of view, and may have held back the understanding of these very
differences.

eMail: kevin.blackburn1 at ntlworld.com