[Spellyans] cledh etc

Janice Lobb janicelobb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 10:07:44 GMT 2013

I'm glad you didn't opt for /ue/ which would have been even further from
what I would like for Late Cornish. It is the presence of the letter /u/
that causes pronunciation problems. I know this debate is about spelling,
but lurking in the background is pronunciation, about which we have no
direct evidence. Is it fair that Late Cornish learners have a harder job
than Middle Cornish learners in reconciling what they see with what comes
out of their mouths?