[Spellyans] cledh etc

Janice Lobb janicelobb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 13:51:25 GMT 2013

Nicholas wrote:
"We're trying to revive a language as close to the form of it when it was
spoken."

Isn't this part of the problem? Some of you see this as contemporaneous
with the scribes, while those of us who favour Modern Cornish see this as
the time when the language was LAST spoken (which is presumably closer to
what it would sound like now had it not died out). I don't care how
consonants are written, I'll go along with traditional or Lhuydian graphs,
but the vowels make me tear my hair out!