[Spellyans] cledh etc

Nicholas Williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 14:31:38 GMT 2013

Middle and Late Cornish are not different languages. Indeed some of the features which we associate with LC are found in the Passion Poem,
e.g. genama 'with me', ve for me 'I', danon for danvon, ze wy for dhywgh why, etc.
The trouble with using LC as the basis for the revival is that it cuts learners off from the bulk of Cornish literature.
KS is designed to allow a variety of pronunciations, both Middle and Late, within the same system.
The Creation of the World is the latest text to use something like the traditional orthography but is sufficiently
late to be recognisable to the users of LC. That is why KS uses CW as its starting point.

Nicholas