[Spellyans] cledh etc

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Mon Jan 14 16:59:41 GMT 2013

On Jan 14, 2013, at 3:26 PM, Michael Everson wrote:

>> There are millions of Germans who pronounce "Vögel" as /feːgəl/ and "grün" as /griːn/ and they don't seem to be too put out by it.
>>
>> Of course, if you want to massively double the orthographic options by having duplicates like tus/tîs for this incredibly frequent phoneme, you can. But I don't think it would be good for the language in the long term.

> On 14 Jan 2013, at 11:49, Daniel Prohaska <daniel at ryan-prohaska.com> wrote:
>
>> Michael, I agree with this.
>
> I knew you would, you Austrian, you. ;-)
>
> (By the way my edition of Alice in Viennese German has appeared. Did you get a notice of that?)

Of course we pronounce ‹grün› as /grɛən/... ;-)
Yes, I did read about the Viennese Alice. I might even get it at some point. And if I finally am able to reconstruct Vegliot I might make you a translation of Alice in it ;-) There's also a guy reconstructing what he calls Nynorn.. Modern Norn, might be worth getting in touch with him to have him make a translation of Alice. I'd love to read it in Norn ;-)