[Spellyans] cledh etc

Linus Band linusband at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 12:35:04 GMT 2013

Even though if we agree that the unrounding already took place in the 15th
century, we cannot conclude that the SWF should therefore contain -e-
instead -eu-, because Ken George aims to revive the language as spoken
around 1500. What we are forgetting is that Ken George (and surely others)
is convinced that the unrounding had not taken place yet around 1500, but
rather later.
The fact is that there is a part of the revival that would like to
pronounce old  */ø/ as [e(ː)] and another part that prefers the older sound
[ø(ː)], and the SWF has to accommodate both.

Linus