[Spellyans] to find

Hedley Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 19 23:35:25 GMT 2013

Mordon Nance in his excellent 1938 Dictionary offers us this entry:
> tròvya, trouvya. vb. to discover, find.
> 	P(ryce. Archaeologia Cornu-Britannica), Tonkin MS. (Mid.Eng. trove)
I wonder, though, whether this word might be an earlier loan from Norman French.

Nicholas Williams in his 2006 Dictionary likewise has:
> trovya.  see under discover, find, locate

The absence of this lexeme in the SWF dictionary is unsurprising, as that is a less than thorough piece of lexicography. On the other hand, Desky Kernowek makes no claim to be a dictionary, and the sections you refer to name themselves as simply K-E/E-K Glossaries, evidently included both to act as paradigms of Kernowek Standard spelling, and to help readers with the copious instructional text that it contains.

Oll an gwella,

Eddie Climo