[Spellyans] cledh etc

Nicholas Williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:59:38 GMT 2013

The scribal language and English pronunciation are quite separate matters. They shouldn't be confused.
Moreover Middle Cornish and Kernowek Kebmyn are not the same thing at all. KK is a modern construct only tangentially
related to the texts on which it claims to be based. In addition KK was canvassed as being very unlike English of any period.

The real point, of course, is that genuine Middle Cornish of say Tregear or CW is recognisably the same language as that
of Rowe and Nicholas Boson.

The dichotomy is a false one.

Nicholas