[Spellyans] cledh etc

Jon Mills j.mills at email.com
Tue Jan 22 10:18:44 GMT 2013

We should be careful not to be overly dismissive of the way that others pronounce Cornish. Learners should be commended for attempting to speak Cornish at all. There is nothing more off-putting to a learner than being told that they do not pronounce correctly. And the person who criticises can appear supercilious and bigoted. We should remember that theories of how Cornish should be pronounced abound, and that theories of how Cornish was pronounced in past centuries are conjectural.
 Ol an gwella,
 Jon