[Spellyans] Pronuncaiation

Hewitt, Stephen s.hewitt at unesco.org
Wed Jan 23 13:01:57 GMT 2013

What is in the corpus?

In Breton, the real Breton way of saying someone speaks or doesn't speak Breton well is with "know". If you use <koms> "speak", you mark yourself as not a natural Breton speaker.

Goûd a rez brezhoneg? [know AFF you.do Breton?] "Do you know Breton?"
O ya, me a woar brezhoneg mad a-walc'h [o yes, I AFF knowº Breton good enough] "O yes, I know Breton pretty well."

Steve