[Spellyans] dreath treath

Janice Lobb janicelobb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 10:58:00 GMT 2013

this is from his electronic (draft) dictionary - are there words in later
Cornish that were permanently lenited for no apparent reason other than
practice?

*dreath: *1* *[dr‡:†] *WG, ELMS,* *drêath EL, m.* *(drethaw) *Beach,
strand, sand, gravel, foreshore, warp; *d. lenki, *quicksand; *war an d., *on
shore, ashore; *an dre’vôr, *the seaside. See *drethan*

*treath:* 1 [tr‡:th] *dreath, drêath x EL, treath PN, m.*
*(trethaw)*Beach, strand, sand, foreshore, shore warp
*TR*; *t. lenki, *quicksand