[Spellyans] use usage etc

Janice Lobb janicelobb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 17:44:33 GMT 2013

 Dan, you say

 My proposal thus has two vowels with a diacritic marker: the afore
mentioned <û> for /iu/ in loan words and <ü> for RMC /y/ ~ RLC /i/ (e.g.
<tüs>).

 but wouldn't that still leave the problem of distinguishing between the
short u sound as in  pub, luk, etc. where Nicholas uses pùb, lùk (and Dick
has pyb, lyk) and the short i sound as in bugel, budhyn, budhy , where Dick
has bigal, bidhen, bidhi (though, unfortunately, SWF has beudhi)?