[Spellyans] Disappearance of Cornish placenames from OS maps

Christian Semmens christian.semmens at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 14:17:10 GMT 2013

Is Cape Kulgyth Ust in Unified?
I seem to remember seeing that somewhere.

As for Landewednack, I notice that there is no settlement name on a sign
near it, nor are there road signs for it although it does appear in Google
Maps correctly. There is a road sign for Church Cove though. Perhaps it has
been ethnically cleansed, and the new residents petitioned for a nice
English name?

I've just checked Open Street Map again and the changes haven't taken
effect completely yet. I'm just finding my way around it.

Christian