[Spellyans] Suffix -yeth in KS

Clive Baker clive.baker at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 14:32:14 BST 2013

Well Ewan...thanks for your lovely comments with regards to Lyver Lavarow
Dhe Les... it was of course intended to be light and humorous to encourage
students to use more Cornish. It is only of use to beginners and the vocab
and sentence construction is designed to be simple for that end. There are
often better ways for expressing yourself when your vocab has improved and
you have moved beyond the basic grammar used for instance by beginners who
are using or were using the language board 4 yr graded system.
The answer to your question re a grammar book is this.... I along with Agan
Tavas, have done a lot of work towards publishing a 1st year grammar
book...this has completely been scuppered by the SWF and the way everything
has been in limbo for the last 2 or 3 years. The grammar was using UC , the
favoured form of Agan Tavas. Of course the spelling system should in my
opinion have no influence on the grammar... as I am sure Nicholas will
agree... but others seem to have bent the grammar to suit themselves and
their system...and indeed seem to have invented a totally new language
based on direct translation from English grammar with no reference at all
to the beautiful poetic idiomatic language that Cornish is.
I am not sure I absolutely agree with the 'crap cornish is better than no
cornish at all'  promoters....sorry, but I have little hair left to pull out
Kemereugh wyth
Clive