[Spellyans] tavas

Hewitt, Stephen s.hewitt at unesco.org
Tue May 14 15:13:38 IST 2013

In general, it is very difficult to have an orthography which brings together various diachronic and geographic varieties which is not etymological.

I don't really understand the persistent bias against etymology in this group. My etymological orthography for Breton builds on the interdialectal (S-SS) orthography, and works much the best of all systems to accomodate predictable dialect reflexes with a minimum of spelling variation.

Isn't that the goal of the SWF?

Best,

Steve