[Spellyans] tavas

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Tue May 14 15:38:56 IST 2013

To be honest (and I'm not a linguist) but etymology seems to be very much "in the eye of the beholder".  One can argue that a particular word was spelt in a particular way in early Brythonic - but was it?  That language was never written down, and can only be guessed at from a few examples of evidence from Gaulish, and from what Roman and Greek sources wrote down.   All we really have are words which have been theoretically reconstructed in modern times, which is why they are always preceded by a superscript asterisk.

Craig