[Spellyans] tavas

Nicholas Williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Tue May 14 22:52:34 IST 2013

Nobody has ever suggested that /v/ and /w/ were the same phoneme.

It is interesting nonetheless that John Boson sometimes writes [w] as <v>,
Me ri marci dh'eu rag goz Neudhou vorth an kenza Den Kernuak 'I give thanks to you for your news about the first Cornish man'
e.g. Den fir o vi 'You are a wise man'
na ellam lavar idn gear da vorth'an 'I cannot say one good word about them'

Nicholas