[Spellyans] tavas

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Wed May 15 22:24:06 IST 2013

I certainly do not pronounce <eus> to rhyme with (received English) "furze",as is being mooted in recent years.  I don't believe that sound ever existed in Cornish.  Why?  Because you don't hear it from native Cornish voices today, or 50 years ago.  I believe it to be a Breton sound, heavily influenced by the sound of French <oeu> (e.g. oeuf, boeuf, etc).

Craig