[Spellyans] tavas

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Wed May 15 22:32:38 IST 2013

I'd imagine this to be a much greater problem in teaching English.  How do you teach that "rough" and "cuff" rhyme but that "through, cough, thorough," do not?

In the light of the above from one of the top 3 international languages, are we being too greatly concerned with consistency with spelling /sound representation in Cornish?  The success of such an illogical language as English is would suggest that we are.

For me, the secret of a language's success, and vibrancy, is not to codify it, but to allow it the inconsistencies and quirks that breathe life into it.

Craig