[Spellyans] tavas

Clive Baker clive.baker at gmail.com
Thu May 16 14:45:11 IST 2013

I teach Cornish in 2 locations, at the primary level, as my main interest
is in grammar, and that pronunciation I received from Tallek, P.A.S. Pool,
and Leonard Orme, all now sadly deceased.I require of myself that I pass on
a good grounding that will become habitual as the students advance. They
were all consistent, and used the 'spoon' method to pronounce the strange
sounding u. the exception was that they said "make the mouth in the shape
to say u as in English but say e through it". Since I learnt French from an
early age I found no difficulty in pronouncing it correctly.
I use this method all of the time with my students, and after an hour of
hysterics while people try and get their mouths and brains into
co-ordination, it has always been successful.
Keep trying Janice, and I think it was Andrew,... itll happen...
Clive funny face-puller Baker