[Spellyans] SWF Review

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Sun Oct 6 15:01:16 IST 2013

The problem is that, despite original assurances, SWF/T is not being afforded any workable platform.  Perhaps we should have seen this coming - SWF was supposed to be KD with KS input, and ended up with KK (not considered as an element by the Commission) being used as the default model.  Initial assurances have proven to be utterly hollow.

I disagree with Michael that SWF has no visible footprint.  It has - in hundreds of street name-plates going up everywhere.

When SWF was decided, after Treyarnon and after the assurances which subsequently never transpired, Agan Tavas voted to accept it.  They did so in good faith.  However it would appear that good faith has not been exercised in return so, if the Review ends up simply as diluted KK as feared by some, then Agan Tavas has the full right (and justification) to withdraw its support for SWF.  The danger there is that we could find ourselves back in the bad old days of an acrimonious split, and that will kill the language stone dead.  To the absolute delight of London.

The daft thing is that, as far as graphs are concerned, there are only 4 common differences between SWF/M and SWF/T.  A compromise solution isn't hard to achieve, but I'll say no more because I've done so before and been slapped down for suggesting "horse-trading" (which I know a little more about than most).

Craig