[Spellyans] Ulster Scots

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Sun Oct 6 23:25:07 IST 2013

Because the language is English.  It might be a Scottish form of it, retaiing many Middle English vowels, but it's still English.

"En effeck, tedn naw deffernt from thu Cornesh dialeck uv Inglesh, an' theer's lawds uv tales bin wrettan down en un".  Cornu-English gets no funding at all, and it should.  Only 30 years ago you heard it everywhere, but such has been the effect of mass in-migration, TV and radio that it's close to extinction.

Craig