[Spellyans] SWF Review

Christian Semmens christian.semmens at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 16:47:27 IST 2013

Jon's tactics are viable, but only if the collective representative bodies
of the traditional groups reject the SWF at its next presentation. That
will, of course be a matter for them and their members to decide. Without
their backing, it would be easy to portray petitions as individual whining.
Most of the people you would be petitioning wouldn't care if it was written
in Cyrillic.

If not rejected, the SWF/M will be funded, it will preclude councils from
using traditional Cornish, It will mean KK style road signs, it will
preclude schools from teaching traditional graphs and result in the playing
field being firmly skewed against us more definitely than at any time in
the past.

To sum up, I have got the feeling from comments on here in the past that
some consider the SWF a minor annoyance, and after this is over, they can
all.

I suspect a clever game, whereby Kornish is the form that is funded, seen
and taught, whilst we have a traditional form that is depreciated and
hidden, unused by anyone because it is worse than what we already have, but
there if anyone asks, a sop to "inclusiveness". The traditional groups will
be left to go off and do their thing quietly (which means fragmented
business as usual) and die off with their membership. Meanwhile broken KK,
a spelling form with built around a phonology that it no longer uses, is
free to masquerade as modern Cornish and moves into the future. Whilst we
quibble over the number of i's and y's that can sit on the head of a pin
until it doesn't matter any more, as they will be buried under a time of Ks
and double consonants and we will be buried under the ground.

Christian