[Spellyans] The two roles of â (a-circumflex) in Kernowek Standard

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 08:53:54 IST 2013

On 18 September 2013 23:44, A. J. Trim <ajtrim at msn.com> wrote:
> Having the following, as well, is not a problem:
> a    verbal particle
> â    goes
> da    good
> dâ / dhâ    thy

The last two are the other way around. (Not least because "dha" is
often unstressed/proclitic but "dâ" is stressed, I suppose?)

> You could also have:
> à    of / from

Or, conceivably:
ỳ    verbal particle
y    his
ŷ    they

(Though ỳ and ŷ would be unlikely ever to be approved due to font,
keyboard, and encoding issues. Just being silly there.)

I do confess that for the beginning learner, "a" and "y" are sometimes
tricky, trying to figure out whether it's the verbal particle or
something else!

Cheers,
Philip
--