[Spellyans] The two roles of â (a-circumflex) in Kernowek Standard

Christian Semmens christian.semmens at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 10:19:20 IST 2013

Maga has a new SWF dictionary with IPA, but the pronunciation for RMC is
pretty much KK.

Also I note that the IPA fro both RMC and RLC seems to specify that all
words with an r in them should be pronounced as fully rolled [r] with no
mention of [ɹ] or [ɾ] in any words that I looked at.

However, I have looked at a lot of IPA in other Cornish dictionaries after
I noticed this and most seem to specify [r], so am I misunderstanding the
sound of [r]? Or are we really being asked to pronounce Cornish 'r's rolled?

http://www.cornishdictionary.org.uk/