[Spellyans] The two roles of â (a-circumflex) in Kernowek Standard

Christian Semmens christian.semmens at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 13:21:47 IST 2013

I suspect (backed up with conversations I had this Summer) that they aren't
expecting very much, except the confirmation of the secondary / ghetto
nature of the SWF/T.

Whilst they protest that you can use any form of Cornish you like, that
isn't the point. Of course you can. However, for the ***SWF*** to be
anything more than KK with the 'system' removed, but apparently keeping the
pronunciation and (largely) the spelling, it needs to do more than pay
lip-service to traditional graphs. I suspect that this is not the case.

If that is the case, then SWF/T will be an also-ran, hidden, a Cinderell to
its bigger ugly sister. Left in the dark to wither and die. And to us,
utterly useless, worse, in that state, to use it would be self defeating.

We'll see.

Christian