[Spellyans] SWF review results.

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Apr 7 00:14:08 IST 2014

On 6 Apr 2014, at 18:52, Craig Weatherhill <craig at agantavas.org> wrote:

Unless found in context in texts **in the Cornish language**, place-name orthography cannot be said to be part of the Cornish scribal tradition which is the foundation of our orthography.

I have said this many times. And exactly the same thing can be said for recorded place-names in Ireland. Every one of them regardless of orthography is important, but a great many of them are recorded in context in texts **in the English language** and therefore the orthography they are written in cannot be siad to be part of the Irish scribal tradition which is the foundation of Irish orthography.