[Spellyans] BBC News - Cornish people granted minority status within UK

Ken MacKinnon ken at ferintosh.org
Fri Apr 25 16:18:45 IST 2014

Eddie wheg ha'n gowetha-oll,

Quite amazing!  I picked this up on BBC News and Southwest News early
yesterday morning.

As I turned on, I saw Dick Cole speaking on this, and later got a fuller
story on BBC website news pages and morning's BBC news, and then on
Spotlight with Loveday and Julian.

Great news - it took me completely by surprise.  I thought it would never
happen.

Amazed it did.   Someone high up must have nodded off.

I just wonder what the inner workings on this one were - and why the news
was deemed appropriate to be delivered through the lips of the Chief
Secretary to the Treasury.   (aka Judas 'is Carrot-top) ?

I just wonder why this was done at all by the present government.  Surely
they must realise the implications  and likely consequences.    Or is it
just sheer incompetence?     Like Michael Forsyth returning the Stone of
Scone to Scotland.

Anyway I am very well aware of all the struggle which has gone into this,
and the sterling efforts of the band of stalwarts who have pushed this
remorselessly and tirelessly over the years.    Efforts now well rewarded.

Aswon sodhagyl gordheweth: kesloweneugh!   - an ken Ken