[Spellyans] Falmouth

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 18:42:36 IST 2014

Interestingly, Craig, in the Scottish Highlands (as you may well know, you arch-toponymist, you!), 'Logh' can refer not only to a landlocked lake but also to what in English is often termed a 'sea loch'. From what you're saying, it would seem that K. 'logh' is similar to a Highland 'sea loch'.

And, I must say, I do like the sound of 'Logh Fala' and 'Logh Plym.' Not only does it sound awfy Celtic (unlike the loathesome anglicisms 'Falmeth' and 'Plymoth', no matter how one chooses to spell them), it would fair scunner the Emskemynnyonn -- those wee cow'ring timorous beasties would aye be cacking their breeks, so they would!

:-)

Eddie Climo