[Spellyans] Falmouth

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Tue Apr 29 19:25:35 IST 2014

Sadly, the Signage Panel has already decided on <Aberfala> and <Aberplymm> for Falmouth and Plymouth.  (And why -mm in the latter?  They'll say it denotes that the preceding vowel is short, but Y in SWF is already short, so it doesn't need to be shown by a geminate).

Prislow, Falmouth, if it contains <logh> at all, is likely to refer to Swanpool - a similar formation to Loe Pool.

Boslow, Sancreed, contains <glow> "coal, charcoal".

Craig