[Spellyans] Falmouth

ewan wilson butlerdunnit at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 29 21:05:31 IST 2014

Ah, yes, the Scots verb 'scunner' , often used with the 'adverbial ' adjective 'fair' is hard enough to find an exact lexical equivalent for in English but what would Cornish offer up?
The closest English equivalent I can think of is something like the periphrases 'browned off' or 'sickened to the back teeth'.

Is it right the Government are offering a platry £125,000 towards the language revival and even then the mighty English language brigade are moaning like mad as if it were th potential end of English!!

Ewan.