[Spellyans] BBC News - Scottish independence: Is Cornwall more like Scotland than England?

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 12:49:18 IST 2014

Yes, Ken, the Beeb does tend to favour the 'No' campaign: endless reports like "what would Scottish independence do to the British Olympic team?", and dam' few showing any possible benefits either to Scotland or the possible rump of the 'United' 'Kingdom' [two sets of scare quotes since it's scarcely united, and doesn't have a king!]

On that issue, as on so many others, they are clearly biased. They should, perhaps, be renamed the "South-East English Left-of-centre Broadcasting Company."

I have to confess that I'd be voting 'Yes' next month, but of course the decision is not up to me, but (as it should be) up to the electorate of Scotland―something it never has been in Scotland's murky history of union with England.
;-)

Eddie Climo