[Spellyans] The Cornish for 'cousin'

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 09:13:22 IST 2014

Gromercy ha mur ras dhys a'n lavar skentyl-na, Jon!

Indeed we should not ignore them, Janice. Pryce and Borlase are valuable sources, and it is clear from Nance's excellent 1938 dictionary that he, for one, was fully aware of them—unlike some of his backbiting begrudgers.

And one should remember that "I was unable to find..." and "X is not attested" may easily signal the gaps that are in one's own knowledge of the Cornish corpus, rather than in those one maligns (and misquotes) ad nauseam.

Eddie Climo