[Spellyans] The Cornish for 'cousin'

Ray Chubb ray at spyrys.org
Wed Jul 23 09:06:05 IST 2014

 From a practical point of view it is sometimes quite useful to be
able to distinguish, in Cornish speech, the difference between a male
and a female cousin. Something that cannot be done in English speech.

I see no reason, so far, to give up this practicality even though it
is quite difficult to memorise both words and their plurals. It is
difficult, simply, because the singulars appear, on the face of it, to
be a plurals.

I note that in Nance Welsh and Breton sources are quoted for
'kenytherow'.

Ray Chubb

Portreth
Kernow