[Spellyans] The Cornish for 'cousin'

Clive Baker clive.baker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 12:42:26 IST 2014

I agree with most of what you say here Nicholas, except this bit about
Nance and his followers. Most of us, including yourself have at one time or
other been a follower of Nance, until you or we have learnt better. Without
his work we wouldn't be here now discussing its wrongs and rights. He did a
lot of good work for Cornish, considering his lack of qualifications or
indeed all of the mss we have today.
On this business of attestation, I take your advice regarding these words,
but the problem we all face is that these words have been part of the
lexicon of Cornish for nearly 100:years now, and have become everyday
whether we like it or not...all we can do is advise about origins