[Spellyans] SWF review results.
craig at agantavas.org
Mon Mar 24 21:53:03 GMT 2014
I managed to get these today. Many items are "no change", so I've singled out those in which a change was decided upon. The below is given in SWF/M for convenience, but the status of Traditional graphs remain unaltered.
DOUBLE CONSONANT SPELLINGS.
1. Introduce <ll> and <rr> in roots. Do not revert to single letter in unstressed non-final syllables where that changes the root.
2. Introduce <ll> for <dell>, <-ell> for the suffix which implies 'tool' or 'device', e.g., dewynnell, draylell, gwariell, hornell, karrigell, musurell, pibell, rostell, skitell, skubell, skwychell, tempredhell, torgentrell, yeynell.
SHORT <o> and <u>
1. Change to <o> in <arlodh>, in line with <toll>, <tomm>, <boka>, <bronn>, <koska>
<GH> and <H>
1. <gh> everywhere except word-initially.
PARTICLE <th> in SWF/L
1. Join particle with verb as in <thera>, without a gap.
PARTICLE (ow>- RLC VARIANT <o>
1. Retain <o> (present participle), but drop the apostrophe.
1. To be respelt <nowydh> (M), or <nowedh>.
1. Remove hyphens from numbers, particles and some other words, e.g. <ebost>.
2. Add hyphens in loose compounds of the form 'noun + verbal noun', e.g. <jynn-skrifa>, <skath-wolya>, etc.
3. <poslev/poslevow> to replace <poos-lev/poos-levow>.
4. <erbynn> to replace <er-bynn>.
(but personal use to remain optional).
VOWEL LENGTH IN MONOSYLLABIC LOAN WORDS ENDING -p OR -t.
1. To be written as <pp>, <tt> if they contain a short vowel.
2. Accept both permissible plural endings, e.g. <hattys/hattow>
1. Accept <dhyworth> and <dyworth> as alternatives, and <dhort> and <dort> in RLC variants.
1. Remove RLC variants <toal>, <kloav>, <gwoav>, <gwloan>, spelling them only with -a-.
2. Add <boas>, <doas>, <moas> in RLC variants to the remaining <broas>.
<OO> for KK <OE>
1. <goolan> to become <golan>. Otherwise, no change.
<kk> AND <ck>
1. <ck> to be used in all borrowings; <kk> in all other cases, including those in doubt.
2. <okkupya> to be respelt <okupya>.
APOSTROPHES IN RLC VARIANTS
1. Retain before nouns like <'manyn>.
2. Do not use elsewhere where the beginning of a word has been shed, e.g. <skydnya> from <dyskynna>.
3. Do not use internally, e.g. <metern> from <myghtern> and <mos> from <mowes>.
4. Do not use after <kal> (KK <kalgh>).
5. May be used where -th, -dh is dropped, e.g. pro', for', warbar'. To be left to the discretion of individual writers.
1. Add SWF/L <enkladhva>, SWF/M <ynkladhva> (presently SWF <ynkleudhva>).
2. Allow <teudhi and <tedha> as alternative spellings.
3. Add to SWF/L <bidhi> (currently <beudhi> only); and <briji> (currently <breuji> in SWF/L).
No change to <breusi>, <Meurth>, <feusik>.
GWR & GR (SWF/L VARIANT)
1. Write <gwr-> in RMC and RLC, inclusing <gwra>, <gwruthyl>.
GEMINATION & PROVECTION IN SUPERLATIVES/SUBJUNCTIVES
1. Retain <tth>, introduce corresponding <ggh>, <cch>, <ssh>.
1. <wortiwedh/wostiwedh> and <wostalleth/wortalleth> to be single words, without apostrophes.
1ST PERSON SINGULAR
1 RC variant <me>, <ve>, no longer required.
More information about the Spellyans