[Spellyans] SWF review results.

Nicholas Williams njawilliams at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 10:35:15 GMT 2014

There is no justification for byghan anyway, since byghan is unattested in the texts. It occurs in PNN but toponymy is likely to maintain archaic forms. In PA beghan occurs twice. In other texts the commonest form is byan, byen. Tregear writes bean, Lhuyd bîan. The use of gh between syllables in UC was suggested by forms in PA, which was Nance's foundation text. PA writes arghans 'silver', vghelder, peghes, yrghys, nagha, fleghys, etc.