[Spellyans] SWF review

Eddie Climo eddie_climo at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 8 19:08:59 BST 2014

Some points of information:
-- it wasn't moribund in Middle Cornish, and Nance offers entries such as "mar(g)hak" leaving the medial -gh- optional, covering both Middle and Tudor Cornish. Like him, I'm quite relaxed about this.
-- the argument has been raised that medial -gh- might mislead learners. Put simply, learners need to learn, and teachers need to know the language well enough in order to teach it. We should not 'dumb down' Cornish orthography to the lowest common denominator.

Eddie Climo