[Spellyans] taste

A. J. Trim ajtrim at msn.com
Mon Nov 24 01:37:31 GMT 2014

Nicholas,

You are right about the typo. It should have been "Pilate" in English
but why the final "e"?
His name was recorded on a stone as _PONTI_VSPILATVS.
The underlined part is invisible but assumed. Would the A have been schwa?
There was a spelling in Greek with an accent on the alpha.

I have worked with decomposing animal carcases. One can taste them.

I did not mention Breton or Welsh.

It is frustrating that some words in Revived Cornish are not being used
as they were in Traditional Cornish, either through the Celtic Longing
or through ignorance. I accept that <blas> may be one of these words.
There is insufficient evidence to be sure. I assume that any new
academic dictionary would include a note on this in general, and include
notes on <blas> and others. The users will decide, and those decisions
will become the new Cornish -- whether we like it or not.
You can do your best to steer the language onto a correct path, as I
believe you are, but you cannot control the currents. If the language is
used it will change. Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim