[Spellyans] A few questions about mixed mutation of words beginning with G

harry hawkey bendyfrog at live.com
Sat Aug 22 14:20:07 IST 2015

Hello Dan, thanks for the reply.

So, the instances of 'gw' or 'g (+ r) + rounded vowel' following 'th that change to 'wh' in the texts are mistakes, and the g should always change to a 'w', is that your view?

And g + (a, e, i or y) following 'th should always change to an 'h'? The only examples I could find in the texts of ('th h(a,e,i,y).....) were words that began with an 'h' anyway. I could well have got it wrong, though...any chance of an example or two?

Thanks again.