[Spellyans] A few questions about mixed mutation of words beginning with G

A. J. Trim ajtrim at msn.com
Sun Aug 23 16:51:22 IST 2015

So there is some evidence of A. S. D. Smith's rule in the texts, and I
assume that words ending in <*dh*> should be included in the grammar
books, etc. To date, the sub-rule "words ending in <*dh*>" has been omitted.

However, I am not sure what is meant by "<TOTALLY UNRELIABLE>".

I agree that there is considerable variation in the texts, and not all
the rules were followed all of the time. For Revived Cornish, we need to
normalise the rules -- much as we do with the spelling. It is quite
likely that different authorities will come to different conclusions.

Is there a theory to explain why <*s*> and <*th*> / <*dh*> were treated
differently from other letters? The evidence from the texts seems to
indicate that they were treated differently.

Regards,

Andrew J. Trim