[Spellyans] A few questions about mixed mutation of words beginning with G

harry hawkey bendyfrog at live.com
Tue Aug 25 20:06:55 IST 2015

Nicholas Williams                                                                                                       wrote:

On 25 Aug 2015, at 15:04, harry hawkey <bendyfrog at live.com> wrote:Note that these instances of final ‹s› are from Old Cornish /d/, not from original /s/. I don’t know how practical this is for Revived Cornish, but it seems we may have a distinction between ‹nos da› (original /s/), but ‹tus dha› (original /d/).

I believe this has been wrongly attributed to me by mistake.  Far too well-formed and coherent for it to be one of my paragraphs!

I note the many examples of /d/ not mutating to /th/ after 'tus' with great sadness - I thought Dan had discovered a new mutation rule for a while.  Still, never mind.