[Spellyans] No word for 'bridge' in the SWF?

Daniel Prohaska daniel at ryan-prohaska.com
Wed Feb 18 08:50:34 GMT 2015

Harry,

Are you collecting and documenting these errors? It would be very useful. I was involved in putting together the first draft of the original PDF, and I'm not surprised there are many mistakes in it. We were under a great deal of pressure to bring it out quickly. We did work through it again and again, correcting what we could spot, but writing a dictionary is no small feat. Anyway, I've long since spotted many mistakes that I have sent on to those working on the master file and the online version, but haven't heard back from them since Albert left the team, or did he? - I'm not sure. Anyway, I've been in touch with Jenefer about getting involved in the "MAGAdictionary"-group, she's written back letting m know she'll keep me posted on procedures etc. but that was it for now.
I'm currently in the process of putting together a largish SWF dictionary, but it'll be a while before it's presentable. It's just growing and growing - a bit frightening really....

I had noticed, too, that "bridge" was lacking in the SWF PDF dictionary, and called it in. Didn't hear back from them.

Do let me know about the German glosses. It'd be very interesting to know how they got in there! On possibility I can think of is, that as the "editor" working on the initial SWF Wordlist asked us if we could provide wordlists of common words and phrases and if we were kind enough to give out our files without copyright. I can't remember, but I may have provided the word list I used in my Cornish-German phrase book that was published back in 2006. That's the only reasonable explanation I have for German glosses cropping up.

The IPA transcriptions were not produced by a robot.

In any case, thanks for the heads up, and I'll try to get in touch with Jenefer again about ways and procedures to contact those involved with working of the online dictionary.

Dan