[Spellyans] Accents

njawilliams njawilliams at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 16:29:38 GMT 2015

I can think of only a few examples more: kê 'go' ~ ke 'hedge'; pò 'if' ~ po < bo subjunctive of bos; te 'thou' ~ tê 'tea'. The use of the diacritic here is like French a 'has' ~ à 'to'; ou 'or' ~ où 'where?' I certainly have never found it arduous or irksome. Although I always use diacritics when writing KS, others may prefer to omit them in certain cases. The advantage of diacritics is that they facilitate the reading of written Cornish. KS cùssul is unambiguous. SWF cusul/kusul is not.
Notice that I am writing this on my iPhone and have no difficulty with diacritics.

Nicholas

Sent from my iPhone