[Spellyans] Accents

Harry 'Double-H' Hawkey bendyfrog at live.com
Mon Nov 2 21:22:07 GMT 2015

I personally enjoy (well, perhaps not enjoy exactly) using a program called autohotkey.  It allows you to configure almost any key combination to produce any unicode symbol.  So you can configure left-alt, right-shift, right-win and e all together to type capital epsilon. Or whatever.  It's more versatile (and a bit more complicated) than either using some other keyboard layout or making your own with the keyboard creator software.

I could tell you how to use it if you manage to get it installed.  (Not sure if I'm allowed to post links here...?)

Only trouble with this program is, if you have a large amount of symbols it takes a long time to set it all up...mind you, so does making your own with the keyboard creator.

Craig Weatherhill                                                                       wrote:

Perhaps you could tell we less computer-literate folks how it's done, Michael.

I get fed up with going into "Insert", "Symbol", finding the symbol - always assuming it's there for the font you've chosen (thorn and eth are rarely to be found) - clicking, okaying, and closing.  Like wading through mud.  There has to be a quicker way!