[Spellyans] Cornish Language Funding Cut

Ken MacKinnon ken at ferintosh.org
Fri Apr 29 15:49:07 IST 2016

Eddie wheg,

There may be one or two other instances of funding for traditional forms of Cornish.   I seem to recollect that a publication grant was forthcoming for Richard Gendall’s Tavaz a Ragadazow.     I have a recollection too that the Cussel may have received something.  Best check with Neil Kennedy on this.

I am hoping to get something out myself, and run it past Language Lead Officer, and Culture Portfolio Holder to check I am not working at cross-purposes in any way.

I very much hope that some unified leadership on this issue will shortly be manifest, and that a strategized campaign is in course of formulation.  Without such initiatives I do not think that individual efforts will cut much ice with this shameless government.

I’r Gad – an ken Ken