[Spellyans] Cornish Language Funding Cut

Ken MacKinnon ken at ferintosh.org
Sat Apr 30 11:38:06 IST 2016

Meur ras rag hemma, Craig.

I wish you well with this, Craig - but I fear that it is likely to cut no
ice / butter few parsnips with the Tory mentality.  All they think about is
money.  Stonehenge, Tintagel, etc., bring in entrance fees and boost our
tourist industry.   I have found that the only things that work on the
language front are commercial and economic arguments.  (I had some success
on Census committees with language questions with such strategies.)

The Cornish language scene as it appears from this distance has become one
without recognisable leadership or any form of concerted strategy.  It seems
that without HM Government support (an international treaty obligation under
the ECRML) it is back to ad hoc voluntary efforts.

Celtic causes never got anywhere without a fight.    Aberth yn bresel - an
ken Ken